Thursday, September 13, 2012

4 days off might as well DO something.

Wednesday was the beginning of my Long week off!  I slept for about 14 hours the night before, took a 3 hour nap Tuesday afternoon then went to bed around 9pm and slept til 7-8am.  It felt GREAT!  And was must needed.  I got up and ate my usual breakfast and decided to go hiking at Ka'ena Point its about an hour or so away from Ewa Beach on the Leeward side.  Basically, Farrington Hwy runs right into it and thats where you start the hike.




 Gotta love self-timer :)





It was a nice 2 hour walk/hike.  Pretty flat land not much you have to climb unless you wanted to go up on a few of the hills which I did.  The trail in leads to the State Park where you'll meet a gate and then you can walk in and see the beach near the water after walking probably another mile you'll meet another gate and thats the end of the State Park.  There are no dogs in the gated area cause some birds do their nesting in the park.  I'd definitely recommend this hike, its one you can surely do alone like I did.  But it would be more fun with a friend, you could probably walk along the rock-lined cliffs and that'd be cool!  I saw a few people doing that :)

***Side Note:  For snacks I had a PowerBar during the hike, it was easy to carry along and not have to worry about fruit or anything else getting mushy in my bag.  For second snack, I had a post-workout protein shake for recovery.

Yet, again the power was out yesterday...thankfully it was after I marinated the pork for dinner and made my usual lunch.  It as out for 3+ hours...

I went early to CrossFit and did some mobilization, went over some of the Shoulder Exercises I am going to coach to my class on Thursday and also the hips and ankles.  We did 1 Rep Max of back squat I didn't do as great as I wanted but up'd my 1RM by 20lbs to 155lbs.  Then we did 3 Rounds for Time of 10 full Squat cleans @ 70% of 1RM, 15 burpees, 20 ab-mat situps.  Those squat cleans were brutal, my hip flexors were smoked! Finished in 11:14 not too shabby, I'll take it!

My pork marinate which was inspired by Frank's Red Hot was delicious!  I had 3 1.5" thick pork chops in a big so I added:
- 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Cayenne
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp of pre-made Caribbean Jerk seasoning.  I had bought those McCormick prepackaged seasonings,  it said Caribbean rubbed steak so I figured that was roughly the same.  I mixed all the seasonings together and used about half of it.  

We grilled it on the grill pan it was very good!  With some sauted Asparagus and carrots.  I didn't weigh my pork I just picked a decently sized one.  Also, I didn't have any added fat with my dinner just at the fat on the pork figured that'd equal out.  I did end up having a snack around 12:30am because my tummy was growling.  I had a cup of frosted flakes and 1/2 cup of milk, very NON-Paleo!  But I cereal is like my kryptonite, I just love it.  Movie reviews will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment